Saturday, September 29, 2007

It's a highly contageous sickness




I stamped today and no, I haven't taken pics of the results yet, I lag. I also finally went to Stamp Antonio which I've been meaning to get around to. It was nice, nothing stellar but then again I'm very difficult to impress when it comes to the art of scrappin and stampin. The kid came in with me and she was just a doll through the whole thing, she's a very serious shopper. Her purchases were gem stickers that were used with in 10 minutes of sitting down to scrap at home. Mind you though, they were used very well, just in serious concentration. I'll post pics tomorrow, promise. I bought 2 more Stickles, I really must make an order some place online and just invest in getting a boat load of colors for cheap. I also tried my hand again at heat embossing and have decided I must be doing something wrong. I can't get it to work. It gets cloudy and dusty looking but never glosses up. I can go so far as to burn the paper but not get it glossy. Maybe it's the powder? I tried different pigment inks but not a different powder. I dunno. Tomorrow I'll try a different brand of powder and give you the verdict. I did, however, make more birthday cards for my stock since I am running low. When Carrie (SU rep) sold a bunch of stamp sets from the last catalog that were retired my kid chose one called Girlfriends that I never thought I'd use. I've been wrong before, this is not new, really! Anyway I made a cute b-day card using it and a few stamps from other sets (Birthday Best) and some watercolor crayons (more on that in a sec). The daughter noticed what I was doing and had to make one just like it. So I stamped it out for her and we proceeded to color them in, mine I did with water color crayons, hers she did with pens. I didn't want her trying to use the Aqua Painter and getting frustrated. Anyway I'll post the pics together and you can get a feel with how far she's come with her coloring expertise. And on that pen note...I have been wanting the Stampin' Write Markers from SU for awhile but it's gone up in price (and it was already expensive!), 48 pens for $132.95 plus tax and shipping. Gack, urk! I don't think so. Anyway I found (on one of the forums I float on) a woman selling the set for $80. She's had them since January so they are not that old. Well I had to get it. We'll see how it turns out, you never know...
Then there was that other SU spur of the had to do it shopping moment with the Color Caddy. I have my inks stacked precariously on my work table, they aren't all the same brand much less the same size nor the same shape, it's a mess. Drives me nuts! Still, $59.95? Plus $14.95 for the extender? Add tax and shipping? Gah!! So on another forum...a woman was selling hers, new, with the extender, including shipping, for...(insert drum roll here please)...$50. Had to do it. Couldn't stop myself. It's a sickness. Sadly, I think I've also passed it onto my daughter. Poor thing...

No comments: