Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The 3 hour kindergarten project...

So why is it the things they send home for parents to do take all night? I mean really do they think we're going to do some half ass job on them? Lets get real here people, you send a poster board home for the scrapbooking mom to make a poster of her 5 year old child and what do you expect? Alright so I was given a bit of fair warning. A few weeks ago we were given a list of all the kids and what week they were assigned to be a "Super Star". The teacher sends home a poster the Friday before and we work on it that weekend. Yeah, so she forgot (and I didn't remember until Sunday night but of course, had no poster) and we got it on Monday to be returned on Tuesday. Yup, 8-11pm Monday night there I am paper punching and adhesiving and Cricuting. The damn Cricut didn't want to cut out the full name completely so I had to hand cut out most of it following the cuts and that took at least 45 minutes. I used wee little pop dots to attach her name, it only took 47 friggin' dots...
I used pictures that I didn't want to cut because they are eventually going into scrapbooks, that made it a bit harder too. When I was almost done the dh came over and complimented me, I told him since he was the at home dad he needed to learn how to scrap because he needed to be doing this project. He was totally cool with it, I was impressed. Not sure I want him in my stuff but I suppose I can share if it means that I don't have to do these damn projects...

No comments: