Saturday, June 28, 2008

Tramadol, I seem to be immune...

It's the 'atypical opioid' my neurosurgeon prescribed me for my headache. It doesn't work for me. Like at all. Period. Nothing. And mind you ibuprofin does work but you probably don't want to be on it every 5-6 hours for 3 weeks straight. Which is what I'm going on now. The headache was getting better, a 3 on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the worst pain ever. I took a Tramadol last night and went to bed. I woke with a bit of a headache so I got up, had a small bite to eat and then took my meds including Tramadol. Within an hour the headache was back up to a 7 or so and I was feeling nauseous and shaky from the pain. Not happy at all so I took 600 mgs of ibuprofin and layed down for a bit. It took another hour but I was better. I think if the headache is allowed to get started and get a leg up it just gets out of control. It hasn't this bad for at least a week, when I needed to up the ibuprof. So I'll give the neuro a call Monday to let him know the pain pills don't work and keep myself pumped up on the usual other stuff. I don't want to go for the hard core pain meds though since I still need to get to work and drive and drop the kid off at the place she stays at this summer. Yeah I want to be pain free, not catatonic.

No comments: