Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hand Foot and Mouth Disease

My neighbor's kids had it about a month ago so I know it's been going around the school. DD complained about having a sore in her mouth last night. I'm such a bad mom I didn't even look at it, just assumed it was a cold/kanker sore. Then I talked to another mom in the dd's class this morning, turns out both her kids had it this past week. Whatcha wanna bet I get a call today from the school nurse? And dang that's like 10 days out of school for her. Ugh, parenthood. Why do we do it? Remind me again please?
* Update * She's fine, I don't think she's got the cooties. Which is good since it's her 3 day weekend coming up.

2 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

Oh you poor thing! My son had it when he was a baby, and it was bad. I feel for ya!

Kimberly said...

oh hon I hope she doesnt have it!!