Saturday, March 7, 2009

I found these shoes today...


And they looked sooo sexy on! The ones in the store had a slim satin ribbon for laces and it was absolutely perfect. I was shopping for scarves, the Jeep has this wind factor and the hair ties in knots so I really wanted scarves to wear. I didn't want to spend and insane amount so I went to TJ Maxx and of course, there were all these other sections there...
Shoes, they'll get me every time. Plus these were Tahari and for what ever reason Tahari shoes and clothes fit me SO well. Perfect almost every time. Drives me nuts because Tahari is just not an inexpensive brand. Plus where in the world would I wear these things? The bedroom? I wear scrubs 5 days a week and the hubby is normally working on weekends. The weekends he's not working he's too tired to bother leaving the house and still goes to bed near 9pm. We have no night life, no reason to get dressed up. So after much emotional debate I put them back on the shelf. I did find a nice pair of tall black boots. For $7. Couldn't pass those up.

I also cam across this cute belt. It was an Ed Hardy and Ed is like my fav Rockabilly brand. It was pink and white with rhinestones and a chysanthemum painted on it. Same price as the shoes. I figured it was a choice of one or the other but I wasn't going to get both, that's just too much. Of course the belt was in an xs size and you know, I am no longer and xs gal. I had to at least try it on though, just in case, you never know! Off to the jeans section I went to find a pair of jeans like the ones I have at home and lo and behold there was a whole rack of Lucky Jeans. Lovely! I picked out a pair and then another inexpensive pair of another brand of jean with a regular waist. The Luckys (like mine at home) are those low waist things where the belt basically holds the jeans up around your waist because, lets face it, shape wise the jeans should fall off your ass when they are that low. If you have a waist. And I do. And then some. In the dressing room I went with 2 pairs of jeans and a belt. Funny, the belt fit, even in the Luckys. Well kinda in the Luckys. It made serious muffin top (I'm at my chunkiest right now, winters in Texas does my ass no favors) but the other jeans? Higher waisted, belt fit perfect. The jeans I really like too. Probably because it's been at least 10 years since I've found jeans that didn't fit below my natural waist line and didn't look like granny pants. So now, now I have me a pair of fat jeans. You know, every woman has a pair. A pair of jeans that no matter what, will always fit comfortably? This pair even has a bit of stretch to them. Rockin....

The end count by the time I made it to the register? 1 pair of jeans, 1 stupid expensive belt (still cheaper than the hubby's belt though so no big) 1 pair of tall black boots, and 4 scarves. My recommendation to all of you? Don't go shopping. It's like the gateway drug, only bad things will happen when you go shopping.

The belt, in all it's pink sparklie obnoxious glory...




Yes, that's one of those tigers like you see on tattoos, it's an Ed Hardey thing. Very Rockabilly.


Two of the 4 scarves. These are the pretty ones, the other two are black and brown, very plain but great for every day use



The $7 boots. Not nearly as awesome as the Tahari heels but a wee bit more practical in price and, sadly, will probably get more wear time too.