Monday, March 24, 2008

First day back to work

I like the people I work with but lets face it, chemistry is dull. Like super bland dull. Plus the drive is 1 hour each way. So I have to drop the kid off at school at 7:10 in the morning and rush to get to work by 8am. I then have to leave at exactly 5 pm to be able to pick her up by 6. By the time I showed up today she asked what took me so long. I really hate the single parent work all day thing. We got home and the dogs had to pee soooo bad. I feel bad for them, I tried to see if the neighbor teen boys would let them out during the day when they got home from school. Turns out they don't get home until after 5pm. What the hell!! That's awfully late but they don't start class in the morning until 9 so it does make sense I suppose. I remember my hs was 7:25-2:35. It was way too early.
So we came home and I fed the kid a whole bunch of food. We also practiced her spelling words, she has instructions to work on them at after school care tomorrow too and they are in her book bag. We also did all of her homework that's due Wednesday so we're a bit ahead of the game. I figure we'll start out the week pushing it a bit so we don't end up behind by the end. It's going to be a rough week...

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Thinking about ya girl, wish I could help somehow!!

aweesan said...

Me too :( Now, are there *Any* retired folk around aside from other CA transplants with kids? Maybe that will help :)