Saturday, March 8, 2008

Those poor boys...

I was raised by my dad and later, as an adult, he told me that he always felt bad for the boys I would bring home because as far as he was concerned they were all stupid and I was going to make them mental mush. The good news is that he didn't have to worry about them making me miserable, which is rare for a teenage girl. The bad news is that I may have scarred a few young men. Not that it bothers me any, they were going to have to learn it eventually anyway right?
So we've been trying to have the dd have more boy kids over to play because the girls can get really catty when playing with each other. It's the dd's best friend's b-day party today and we offered to take one her classmates (a boy) to the party with us because his parents have another b-day party they need to go to (they have 4 kids, all adopted and another biological one on the way). We figure it's a great way to occupy the kid easily and it'd help our friends out too, everybody wins. Well everybody but the poor boy who has to play with our dd, he's being subjected to girly play. As long as he doesn't end up leaving dressed up like a princess fairy we're good. Right now we're trying to teach her that you don't change the rules of a game as you are playing it so that you win, that's cheating. It seems to be a common phenomenon in the age group though so it's not a big surprise. He's a nice boy too so he'll let her get away with it until the dh steps in. Poor boy, getting walked all over already, at age 5...

No comments: