Monday, March 17, 2008

Got a job!

Yup, it's a miracle. It's not doing anything that I was doing before but it's a phD starting a new set of labs in an inorganic setting. I'm perfect for starting up labs, it's my specialty. I can also come into one that's a mess and revamp it, I think it's an ocd thing but whatever, it works. Both B and I will be making (combined) a bit over what only one of us earned in San Diego and he is even getting hazardous pay. Health insurance is also going to cost us. It'll be like $40 less than what we're paying for private but at least the benefits are better. Ah, back to the working world of toxic/explosive substances. Someone remind me why I wanted to be a chemist again?

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Congrats!! at least you will be putting all that knowledge to good use!!

aweesan said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

now with that said, you like the field because blowing up stuff (literally or potentially) is FUN! *wow, spoken like a true American there....

And, looking into J's backyard, I can still see the last vestiges of Michelle-dom, the mad scientist aspects, with the gargantuan plants/weeds that spawned as a result of test tube and petri experiments! (The rain only makes them more gargantuan!)

MichelleSG said...

Crap those plants are still alive? We planted 4 tomatoes and 2 melon plants. I thought the all died!