Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy Fat Tuesday!


I'm sorry I have been ignoring you all, I've been doing this work thing and as annoying as it is it is a necessary evil. Regardless I still read all of your blogs (those of you who I know exist) and even occasionally get a chance to comment. For the past few days I have been spending my nights up late wrapping up bland hoops with beautiful new tape I got from Identitape and ooohhh it is so cool! I made a huge tape order with another hooping friend of mine and she did one up Mardi Gras fashion I loved so much I had to copy! I made 2 poi spinning hoops (basically small 31" diameter ones you use in your hands and spin) and covered them in the purple and green glitter tapes. One I added a twist of black hockey tape to so it was more sticky and the other I just ran the black tape along the inside to see if I liked that look better. I can't decide which one I like better so I will leave them like that, fraternal rather than identical twins!

I wanted to make another regular sized hoop and rainbow mirror tape it since the rainbow mirror looks so awesome moving in the sunlight so I did one up and then added a wide strip of fuschia wrap. It looked, no lie, like a stripper pole. I held it up asked the honey if it looked like a stripper pole, he looks up from the computer and says "Yup, just like a stripper pole" so I had to make some minor modification. I don't mind stripper poles it just wasn't what I was looking for. I then ran a strip of white gaffer tape (for added tackyness, it helps it stick to the person hooping) down the center of the fuschia and now I have dubbed it the candy stripe. See? Better than a stripper pole huh?




So for all of you who are into the Mardi Gras thing, this post is brought to you by someone who likes the colors but totally does not do the party thing! Oh and for those of you practicing don't forget Wednesday is Ash Wednesday. I work with a bunch of Catholics otherwise I would have no idea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOOooooOOOOOO, purty!

MichelleSG said...

Oh Angie, you know you'd love to spin in a stripper pole hoop!