Monday, December 24, 2007

Girls Night Out and Poker Night

Both happened last night. We girls (Kate and Candace) got home relatively early from going out to dinner so that the boys could go out to poker night and every one had a nice evening. It's been awhile since I've seen Kate and she's moving to Panama in February. The kid was over at their house playing with Kaia before it all started so the hubby at some point went over to bring McDonalds for the girls to have for dinner and probably lessen the stress on poor Fred who was stuck with the 2 girls. The hubby then hung out with Fred for awhile which was again, nice, since we love both of them but never get to hang out and now they're leaving the country! Trudy was supposed to go too but she has some sort of odd viral thing (note to self, must call her!) and is in the 2nd trimester of a pregnancy from hell so she's less than happy this holiday season.
I sent the hubby out for poker after I got home, sometime I really need to go in his stead so we can get our cash back from all of his less than fruitful games.
At some point our neighbors called (they left for the holiday and we are picking up their mail) to make sure their xmas tree light timer was working. It was the funniest 2 answering messages I've heard in awhile. You can almost hear Joe (the husband) in the background telling Angela that she's rambling and no one's going to be able to understand what she's talking about. I got her, I totally understood what she was saying. Later that night Joe called just to re-explain and I told him I knew what she was saying but I don't think he believed me at all. Their xmas tree is fine and it turns on just as planned.
Ah the holidays......

No comments: