Thursday, December 27, 2007

Hug your loved ones tightly

This holiday season seems to be one of sadness in my small little world of people. I started this blog mostly for paper crafting stuff but it's turned into the front page of CNN. My mom just called, our good friend and co-worker Ruben was driving his family to Colorado today for a trip to the snow. Him, his beautiful wife Irma, their 2 teen age (18&19) daughters and 6 y/o son. Mom just got off the phone with Irma, they were in Amarillo and got into a nasty accident. One of their daughters is dead and the rest of them have serious injuries. And since Ruben owns his own construction company they have no health insurance. They were waiting for Life Flight to get there when my mom was talking to Irma. I saw my bills for the ambulance and brain surgery on Thanksgiving and we have insurance (80/20 but still, it covered a good chunk) and I don't want to even know how much this is going to cost them in the long run. Having a child die is not something any parent should be expected to live through. It's just so awful, I know Ruben will probably blame himself for everything so the recovery for him will be just that much worse. It's going to be really rough. They we're so supportive when I was in the hospital a month ago, we're going to do our best to be there for them too. Of course they will be in hospitals up in Amarillo but we'll do our best regardless. Keep them in your prayers, they're going to need it.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I am so sorry for their loss and pain. I will keep them in my prayers.