Sunday, December 16, 2007

I spoke too soon

First of all, I still haven't finished the cards. They are close but I think I need more ink (I hate it when I run out of supplies in the middle of a project, it's so frustrating!). Plus the dh has decided to write a little ditty to go in the x-mas cards being made. Really it's a ditty (check out his blog, he posted it there). The really funny part is that he did it to 'Twas the night before Christmas' and it's simple rhyming but in 11 syllables. The man is much more into iambic pentameter so the 11 syllables was driving him insane. You would not believe the amount of frustration it caused him. Too funny! He can do Elizabethan Sonnet rhyming too but 11 syllables, not so happy. He's an English major type, me, I'm the science math type. While he was complaining on the computer and tapping out the syllables I was laying on the spare bed laughing at him. Cruel wifey, but dang it was amusing! If I'm frustrated with something academic it's probably not something I can solve by myself. I'm not saying I'm super intelligent just that the math/science stuff that would stump me is not something I could tap out on a table. I should have been an English major, I'd probably be a less cranky person...

No comments: