Tuesday, June 2, 2009

He's not doing it for me


For those of you that have not read Twilight or seen the movie you can ignore this post, it's pretty much a comparison of the men in it.
Tell me, why is it that everyone is so ga-ga over Edward? He's over 100 years old, dead, cold, and feels like marble. I don't care how devoted a guy is, if he's like sleeping next to marble yuck, not my thing. Maybe it's because I am used to sleeping with dogs but given my druthers I'd go for Jacob in a heart beat. Big warm happy dog, there really isn't anything better. On that note I'm not sure I like the guy they chose to cast in the movie. I think I've also seen The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl 1000 too many times so I might be biased. The kid loved that movie and I am sick to death of it. Still Taylor Lautner is just too small. The weres were supposed to be HUGE and go through about a 10 year growth spurt (putting them physically in their mid 20's) when they came into themselves. Taylor? Just not all that. The face is acceptable but in my mind's eye I'm thinking something more out of Last of the Mohicans, call me biased but those guys were hot and rugged. Taylor still looks right out of the Disney Channel to me. Did the character no justice at all. Poor Jacob, always gets the short end of the stick.

It still leaves me with Edward. I do think they picked an attractive actor but Robert Pattinson is just so...retro wanna be grunge? I dunno, he's probably very very popular with the age group the book was actually written for. I'm not feeling it though, he doesn't have the aura of an over 100 yr old vampire.

I am picky about my leading men aren't I? Just not feeling the Edward but I'd be all over a hot American Indian werewolf....

2 comments:

Trailboss said...

I am all about Edward darling. And so is Stephanie! I loved the movie. Steph has read all 4 books and watched the movie probably 30 times!

Kimberly said...

My sister loves this guy, I mean obsessed. I dont get it! Of course I am one of a very few that just dont like this series at all, now that being said pretty much anything like this I would not like. Yep, tried to read it-RJ is now giving it a go.