Sunday, June 28, 2009

Terribly disappointed

I'm big into doing my homework. I was the total dork in school and always made sure I did my homework and it was in on time. Even if I had to pull an all night-er (very common by college lemme tell you). It has helped me in the long run. Whenever I am interested in anything or looking to purchase a big ticket item I research the living daylights out of it. Even if it isn't a big ticket item I'll usually have researched it a good bit.

When I went to buy the new lens for my camera (or suggest it as a present from my dad) I looked up all my options, what worked with my limited camera, and where to get it for the least amount of money. I looked for a long time. I don't own a dslr, I have a fancy point and shoot, so I knew my choices were limited. Hence the on line research.

The lens came in, I was happy, then I needed to get the lens adapter. OK fine. Got that in on Friday, sat down to put it all together on Saturday. The result? It doesn't fit. I looked, compared, looked again, and chose the lens and adapter that everyone else had used together with my camera type. Seriously, this should have worked. I still have no idea why this doesn't make sense. I mean I am looking at them now, the lens adapter is 58mm. The lens is 50mm. Obviously this isn't going to work. But I can't find any other adapter. So how the hell did other people do this? I am on Google searching and searching and I am still at a loss.

It would be one thing if I just ordered the wrong products and it was just a matter of exchanging one. But that doesn't seem to be the case. There is no f/1.8 in 58mm and there is no adapter for 50mm. ARGG! Can I tell you what the easiest fix is? Buying a new camera. Really if I had the 'spare cash' I'd already own a Canon Rebel.

So what to do what to do. I don't know. I'm spending a bit more time on the internet researching. I may even end up joining some sort of camera forum and have them make fun of me for being this level of clueless. Either way I'm really disappointed that my present doesn't work. I really really wanted to play with my new lens and reach another step in the play land that photography is.

This is me, feeling all bummer-ed out. Maybe I should have not gotten so excited about it. I wouldn't be so disappointed right? Lower my expectations or some such. Really though, was a new camera lens that worked too much to ask?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel for you. This would totally bum me out, too. I think that's why I buy stuff like this in a store. Instant gratification, whether it works or doesn't and I can easily take it back. Cheaper online, though.

I hope it all works out for you soon!

Kimberly said...

man, that sucks!! see this is why my expectations are almost nil on most things cuz I am the dork who gets all excited to be let down.
Hope u find something that works...