Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Nothing like the smell of....



Wet dog in the morning. Yeah you heard me, wet dog. When I woke this morning Jaynie had snuck in when the kid was making her morning coup of my bathroom. He proceeded to hop up with me on the bed and curl into his nice tiny Jayne ball (he can get himself smaller than any dog I've ever seen when he does this) at the foot of the dh's side of the bed (the Jayne spot) and fall asleep. Glaring at any and everyone who dared make noise during his beauty nap. That would mean he was making nasty faces at the dd who was prancing around doing everything but getting ready to go to school. DH comes in to prod the child into doing the morning routine, proceeds to sit down next to Jayne and snuggle with him (Jayne hates this when he's trying to power nap first thing in the morning) and say hmmm Jaynie you're getting kinda funky. Being indoor dogs they get bathed pretty often but they are all allergy dogs and the funk factor gets worse during allergy seasons. Since San Antonio is in a perpetual state of allergy season we are constantly fighting one funky dogness or another. Mostly it's Roxy, she's the supda funkomatic. Jayne has the lowest funk factor but he's got a bit still, he is a boy dog.

So DH comes home from dropping off the kid at school, I'm just out of the shower and we decide we might as well throw the Jaynie in with dh and get him cleaned up. Alright so we knew the little dog needed a bath too, it was due time. So while I'm at it I bring the other 2 dogs in the bathroom suite, yeah it's a dang big bathroom, waste o space, and hope more than one gets scrubbed up while I'm leaving for work. Hehehe. Hey no harm i trying right? So the big dog gets done, dh calls down to me to let him outside and I let Jayne loose to run amock outside. Lasts about 2 minutes since the temp is in the low 50's. He runs 2 laps at full tilt and comes straight back to the door to be let in. Which is fine, I let him go and clear out before I am roped into being more late for work and get wet dog hair stuck to my scrubs. Yuck...

So this morning was started with the smell of wet dog, not the best of smells but in the end fully worth it. DH managed 2 out of the 3, just Roxy the funk-d-licious needs to get bathed. She's the worst, she has a boxer coat the likes of which I've never seen. She's like velour and washes like velour too. Man she can hold more water in that coat than a labrador. Freakish mutant boxer fur I'm telling ya!

No comments: