Saturday, November 29, 2008

And we have a winner!

In my preparation for the Turkey Day feast I did what I normally do, I marathon watched The Food Network. It was great this year and they had a leftovers episode. Oh my yes, this is what I'm talking about. There was one recipe that totally caught my eye
Second Day Turkey and String Bean Pot Pies.
I am a huge lover of pot pies of just about any sort and these little gems are muffin sized. YES, sign me up! Plus it's a way of using the left over green bean casserole. How many of you have a recipe for that? I don't think I've ever seen a leftover recipe for green bean bake and I looves me my green bean casserole!

I made them tonight, alerted the recipe only a bit. I didn't bother with the chicken stock, instead I used what I had on hand, half a can of cream of chicken and chopped some carrots and celery to add in. I like my pot pies with carrots and celery, it's a pot pie purist thing. Oh and they turned out sooo good. I ate 2 and the dh ate 3. I think we're going to have a brawl over the remaining ones. He plans on taking a few to work for lunch and he'd best only take A FEW. Or it might get ugly.

No comments: