Wednesday, September 3, 2008

And they say that So Cal has a buncha freakin hippies in it

They just don't know where to look. Texas has them too, they just like to hide them a wee bit. Take a look behind their uber Chirstian skirts and oooo look there they are! It just goes to show that if you Google it, there it will be. First I was hunting for cloth diaper stores in San Antonio (no, not for me, I was looking to see if cloth mama pads could be found locally) and lookie there, sure enough they can be, Eden's Baby. Right here, downtown. And here I thought I'd have to go all the way to Austin or some such.

Well then I was perusing the newspaper online, because I have nothing else to do, I am, after all, at work, and ran across another little interesting tid bit. A local farm. A local ranch/school ministry Christian whatever they call these things that are essentially Christian co ops yeah right they're modern day cleaner versions of those things from the seventies, you know what I'm talking about right? Communes people communes. Sugar coat it all you want they're just Christian communes with way less sex. Dude, then why bother?

Anyway this article was in the food section and goes about describing this place that has it's own little organic farm, the sell raw milk ($8 a gallon), hand milked by the students at their little store that has other things they make like butter and certified organic produce that they grow. Oh and grass fed beef. The only dairy in Texas with hand milked cows. Ever hand milked a cow before? Yeah, it isn't easy. I can't remember why I know this, maybe one of those school excursions to the Del Mar Fair we got to try it or something. All I remember is that we had to try it once and it was not fun. I would, however, like to go up and visit that farm sometime. I may have to not mention the uber Christianism to the dh. That shit freaks him out. Something I find terribly funny. My crazy doesn't freak him out but other people's religion does. And he hangs around a max security prison all day long. Think about that for a minute and you try to make sense of it. Really, go to his blog and read the little quippets that he drops about what he gets to see every day. Their idea of normal stuff just ain't right and he gets freaked out by the super Christians. Yeah ok, we'll just leave it at that.

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

am I missing the mama pads? didnt find them on the site yet..

MichelleSG said...

They are here
http://www.edensbaby.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=127

Kimberly said...

thanks. dont know if I like the look of them just from the pic. are you going to try?

MichelleSG said...

Nah, I like the shapes of the ones we have, plus I've got a bunch of them already remember? Anyway I don't like driving or parking downtown and that's where this place is located. Now if I had a baby well then maybe it'd be worth my while but lets face it, I have a gf that runs a mommy forum that would hook me up with everything I would ever need right? Mail it to me and life is good!

Paige said...

I totally get the DH being cool with max security prisoners---after a while, they lose their novelty and are just regular pains in the ass like sisters and neighbors. Take my word for it

Now religious freaks....