Thursday, September 25, 2008

Preparing myself, like last time....

Remember last year? When I was actually able to hand make from scratch, all of my Christmas cards and get them all out on time even though I had a stroke on Thanksgiving and was hospitalized and then put in rehab etc? All during the holiday season? How inconvenient was that? Good thing I had already had the design picked out and everything pre cut out huh? So yeah, I got them all done and mailed out on time. Made a bunch of other people look like slackers doing that now didn't I? Yeah you slackers know who you are.

Now this year I didn't think I'd be that motivated. Nah, last year I used up all my motivation for at least the next three decades. Shit I figured I'd payed my dues, ya'll can't one up me on that one. Go ahead, I'd like to see you try. Nope, I wasn't even thinking about bothering this year.

But there was this sale. Yeah you know those sales? I needed to get this stamp...it's the kid's b-day and I need to make invites. I need the inside stamp for the invites. OK cool, it was there it was 50% off, nifty. But there were other stamps there too. And they were 50% off too. A few Christmas ones. One I even liked. Sparked some ideas. A nice simple design idea, one I could mass produce in a simple manner. Yeah, I could do that and hey, 50% off, ok. Ooooh and lookie, paper stacks are 50% off too! Yup, now I have all I need for all my Christmas cards. Well except for my motivation. I haven't scrapped in forever. I want to scrap, I originally started this blog for scrapping shhhh don't tell any of my readers cause I don't think they give a hoot about scrapping. When was the last time ya'll saw me post a scrapping post? Yeah it's been awhile. I still get a monthly package from Unity Stamps and let me tell you this last months was beautiful. I really need to ink those things up. There's this one fairy in it and this one tree, I might even use both in the Christmas card. I dunno, there are all kinds of possibilities for that set, it's gorgeous.

Regardless, I, for whatever reason, am doing it again this year. And it always drives me nuts. I will go crazy to get it all done. I will probably run out of some odd supply at the last minute, because I always do. But it will get done, because like everybody else in my family I am OCD. So if you want one of my lovely card creations this season (I love sending these things out) please email me your snail mail address. I'm serious people (Summer if you are in India this holiday season I don't have an addy for you out there and I don't care if you're practicing judaism or hindu or buddism) send me your addy and I will put you on my list. If you leave comments you've earned yourself a card.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I am hoping to do my cards this year, my biggest problem is getting the damn stamp on the card and sending them out! WTH?!

MichelleSG said...

Cotsco, I buy a pack of forever stamps there and then I have myself set. Or else it'll never happen....

aweesan said...

Do you ever wonder if it was the act of getting all those cards made and out on time for the holidays that didn't spur the aneurism? Geeze, holidays do that to me but only figuratively....