Sunday, September 14, 2008

With a high of 69 degrees....


I will be leaving Monday for a work trip to Foster City. For those of you not familiar with all the small towns tucked into the insanely large sate of California that's basically part of South San Francisco. It's going to be hella cold compared to where I'm at right now. Basically low 60's in the day, low 50's at night. I lived in Marin County for several years in the early nineties so I'm quite familiar with the area and the weather. There's nothing quite like the the cold there, it's a real biting cold. I lived on the east coast and in the snow and even that cold isn't as cold as the Pacific Northwest. That ocean cold hurts!

As for why I have to go well it's training for the instrument I work with. Do I really need to go? No, but they want me to so I'm going. Unlike most people I know I absolutely hate traveling. I'm a homebody. I don't mind day trips but I prefer my own bed and my own shower and lounging on my own couch. I won't even have a rental car to cruise around The City in so there's not even that to look forward to. The class runs most of the day and once it's over I hop right on the plane and straight home so whatever. No, not much of a fun trip. I suppose if I was going somewhere fun that I'd never been it'd be different but it's Foster City. Eh. Central SF maybe that'd be better. San Francisco is a walkable city but Foster City is too far out so not so fun. Well lets hope I learn something in class and it's a productive trip in that aspect at least. I so hate traveling, it's such a pain.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

have a safe flight!
I am with you, not much for traveling. Before we went to Vegas a couple years ago I had not been on a plane since I was what 15. Scared the shit outta me! I was stuck on my flight by a man that stinks, was so damn hot in vegas we took a shuttle to the hotel-which I had to stand for that ride. By the time we got to the hotel I was ready to go home!