Monday, September 15, 2008

I may be ungrateful but

Let me re-iterate what was mentioned in passing 2 posts ago, I loathe traveling. I know others, like Jas, who thrive off of it, and venture forth from there homes as often as they get the chance. I, on the other hand, am like fine linen. I just do not travel well. And my oh my, I now remember why I only take direct flights. After leaving San Antonio at 2:10 and arriving in San Francisco at 6:30 pacific time I was just not in the mood for sitting in the bus kiosk for the shuttle to make it's way back through rush hour traffic to the airport and truck me back down to south San Francisco to the hotel. In more rush hour traffic. And GAH! I had also forgotten that everyone here is from Asia and has a horrid accent and is almost completely incomprehensible. Nor can they drive....although sadly they still drive better than Texans, how sad is that?

So as I try and fall asleep to the sound of traffic, lord I forgot about that, oh how I missed that. Not. I didn't realize I had become a non city girl, wow, when did that happen!?!? You will, no doubt, see a few pros and cons pop up though out the blog in the next few days. I see a few things already that I love and hate about city living that I had forgotten. The dinner I had was over priced but way better than I have had in San Antonio. And hey, it's 7:50pm and gardener just started the weedwhacker outside? WTF? Yeah, ok, I remember this. Sheesh, it's time to take a shower and turn on the tv to drown out the noise. Would you believe the room came with a complimentary sleep cd to drown out noise? Yeah....city living so easily forgotten...

3 comments:

Trailboss said...

As long as the CD isn't music w/water trickling in it that should work great. Otherwise, if it were me, I would be up peeing all night from the water noises!

summer said...

Michelle - I was super groggy and out of it when you called this morning. I think you said you emailed me but I didn't get it. I'll give you a call in a couple of hours (I suspect you might be an early riser...?). Sorry I wasn't more awake this morning!

MichelleSG said...

My God Summer, I can't believe you are in INDIA! Yeah, call me. I am in training during the day but I wake up at like 6 am pacific time and class starts at 9am if that helps any for call plans. I suspect that my schedule is whacked due to the time change and I won't be able to get it right since I'll be flying back on Thursday afternoon. Gah....