Friday, December 19, 2008

Down to the wire...

It's not that I leave stuff until the last minute, it's that there aren't enough minutes in the day. Do you see the difference? Yeah I got all the presents to be mailed in the mail earlier in the week. Huge relief. I finally finally finally got the Christmas cards in the mail. OK all but 2 and it was actually the hubby that put them in the mail (thank you dear!) but I addressed and stamped them all last night. So what do you think? Will they make it before next Thursday? Do I care at this point? Only a little bit really but I think they have a good chance. I have a few left so I will take a picture of one and post it up, that way everyone gets a card from me! I love the internets, easier to spread the love! Or the crazy, I suppose it's all relative yeah?

Now everyone has presents under the tree and the hubby has gone out today to try and find a present for me. Lets hope he finds something or the kid is going to have issues with Santa. I still have to drop off a few things for my friend. I bought her her gift back in September. No really I did, I swear! It was one of those special order things that had to be made. No not expensive, just hand made. And I have a Foggy Mountain Dog Coat that I special ordered for my frenchie and it's too big and needs to be returned. GAH! I so don't want to mail anything right now. Just add it to the list of crap that needs to get done.

Apparently I can't use a measuring tape on a fat round dog. I got his back length wrong, see he's got such a bad case of little man's syndrome that even his mommy things he's big. So I called up the store I ordered it from and they have ordered him a smaller one and I have to get this one back to them. You know I think I'm going to find a UPS store to send it back, I don't want to go back to the USPS. Plus this was not a $20 coat. No this one was $40 plus shipping so we're talking more like $50 in the mail. Not going to trust the USPS with this one. Funny too, when I called I was all apologetic because it was my bad and I know that they have to make a special order to get one in. Well apparently they were ordering more that morning for their bulldogs. I love horsey places that have bullys, they're my kind of people! So I wasn't inconveniencing them which made me feel a bit better about my measuring incapabilities. It's not all me though, you know that frenchies kidney bean too? Do you know how hard it is to un-kidney bean a squat anvil? Plus he wanted to know what I was putting on his back, like I was going to strangle him with a measuring tape. A lot of places that I could have ordered the coat from would have to go out of their way to order the coat in the first place, this place is in Pennsylvania and I think they are making major orders every week because of the weather. Texas store? Not so much. Oh what we do for our silly little dogs I swear.

Really though if I had the spare cash this little dude would have a closet of outfits, each one more stupid than the last. Why? Because he's so dumb he doesn't mind getting dressed up. And you know me, I like to mess with my dogs. Wait till they fall asleep and plug their nostrals with 2 fingers and see how long until they figure out they can't breathe. Or tickle the fur between their paw pads while they sleep, gawd that drives them nuts, it's a fav of mine. The hubby thinks dog clothes are stupid though so he'd probably ixnay the idea. Too bad, the kid would have a ball...

4 comments:

Rising Rainbow said...

I don't have my Christmas cards done yet. I'm really hoping they will address themselves. LOL

MichelleSG said...

Christmas miracles happen, you never know...

Angie in Texas said...

cards?! it's all about the email . . .

(btw, it was good to see you and yours today. i am now officially internet stalking you.) =)

Death before Decaf! said...

Angie,

Don't worry, we'll be returning the favor...muhuhahahaaaa!

:)
B.