Sunday, December 14, 2008

People are freezing their asses off

Like literally I'm sure. Apparently the New Englanders are feeling the brunt of living in the northern reaches of the snow belt. Some aren't expected to have power until the end of this week and even then it'll be sketchy. Some places have hit a low of 2 degrees. Of course there are shelters set up but DAMN. Get in the car and drive south people. Get the hell outta Dodge!

They think that as the ice melts more branches will fall and take down more power lines too. So far I haven't seen anyone report any fatalities due to the cold. I suppose it's just a matter of time though. Do you know how warm it was here today? About 77. Yeah that's right 77 degres. And it's supposed to be 80 mid week. Not thinking we're going to have a white Christmas, whatcha think?

The upside is that we will have the nephew out, the dd's favorite person in the entire world and with the weather being nice so we can take them out and do lots of stuff. So while New Enlanders will be huddled in shelters and we'll be taking the kids to Sea World. How wild is that?

2 comments:

Geri said...

While the snow's beautiful, if I have a choice of being cold or hot, I'd picked hot. Plus, I hate driving in the cold. I guess that's part of the reason why I'm living in California.

Trailboss said...

We are expecting an ice storm today and/or tonight. Fun fun fun. UGH!