Monday, December 15, 2008

Oh my

I didn't expect this to happen, Padres are up for sale.
San Diego has never been much of a sport city, too much else to do there rather than sit at home and watch a game I suppose. You find the biggest sports fans in the lazy cities or those that are home/snow bound for long stretches. San Diego, not so much. Naw, the people would rather be out surfing, snowboarding, biking, hiking, you name it and it's better than watching sports on your fat ass.

The Pads for sale? It's ironic that it happens right after they finally built them a new kick ass stadium but I can't say that it surprises me in the least. I did hope that the Chargers would have gone first, they are a thorn in the city's side. Plus there's a boat load of other cities that would love to have that team (the city I'm in now for instance). Oh well, I hope the Pads go to another city that appreciates them more.

No comments: