Monday, August 11, 2008

Called the neurologists office today...


Just for those of you who are keeping track. And are nosey about such mundane things, and no Corbies smooshed face has nothing to do with anything at all, just thought you'd like to look at it. Plus I have nothing else of any excitement going on to blather about. Sorry, it's Monday and I am boring today. The most exciting thing going on is the construction truck that drove past me on my walk this morning had it's gas tank punched trough with a chunk of metal. It was spilling diesel out onto the blacktop by the gallons I swear it was like watching $20 bills sinking into the ground. Interesting sight.
But back to that phone call I made this morning...I got the lab results in for my blood work. I know because I had a copy faxed to me here at my work by the lab (one of the benies of working at a dr's office. What you think I was going to count on the neurologist's nurse calling me and telling me they came in? Sure, riiight. My neurologist has not actually looked at them yet, of course. It's Monday morning so this is not some huge surprise to me at all. Regardless I figured I'd get the ball rolling by pissing off the nurse by telling her things she didn't want to hear. Who, me, piss in the nurses Cheerios on a Monday morning? Naw...that's not something I would do! I mean really what is that woman going to do, put me on list of the last person to call? Like she calls me back at all! So I told her that I wanted to be taken off of all of my meds. Period. All of them. I don't want to be on anything. She said she didn't think that was a good idea. I said that she wasn't the doctor. Oh she must LOVE me. Damn I am good. What that does do though is pretty much guarantee me a call from the doctor and not the stupid ass bitch nurse. And even if that nurse does try and call me back with an answer of some sort I will still most likely end up having to talk to the doctor anyway regardless of what the nurse has to say. Pretty rotten of me forcing their hand and making them have the doctor talk to me rather than the lackey. You know they hate that. They hate the fact that they have me as a patient at all. They are an epilepsy exclusive practice and I don't have epilepsy. I am a lowly stroke survivor patient. They only accepted me because I was specifically referred by a respected neurosurgeon. Otherwise they would have told me to piss off, which, might I add, I would have gladly done had I known how much fun they'd be to work with....

No comments: