Wednesday, October 22, 2008

D day is coming...


The kid's birthday is tomorrow and thank the gods that be we are not doing what we did last year. Were any of you around for that one? The one where invited like 15 kids over to the house? Told the families to bring the siblings too and we'd have a jumpy thing, pinata and food? Ended up with 68 kids and their parents? It was a BALL and wonderful and turned out great yeah not a parking spot to be had on the street. Amazingly enough didn't run out of food, everyone had a great time, we were the talk of the town. Lasted for hours and the kids loved it. Our kid was pissed because we didn't let her open her presents until everyone left but you know, her life is sooo hard. Pffft. Whatever. It was the party to end all parties. The dh and I managed to clean it all up within 30 minutes of everyone leaving too. I don't know how we pulled that one off but we are not doing that one again. No way man. This year we swore we were going low key and not cleaning the house oh hell no. The house is a mess and it is staying that way. Until like, forever or something. I am lacking in the motivation and I know the dh is too. Anyone keeping up with the Senator of Texas having a hissy fit over the TDCJ? Yeah welcome to my world you political prick. He is making life a wee bit hard on all the correctional officers of Texas so I know the dh is not at all motivated by the time he gets home. I suspect many of his co-workers are going to be quitting and jumping ship so it's going to get worse.

Sorry I got distracted, again. I'll have many more posts on that subject on days to come. You know I will. And they'll probably be angry rants, don't you love my angry rants? They'll probably be more of them on they hubby's blog too (check out over there, I've been having friends of ours guest blog for him, hehehe).

This year we are doing Build A Bear (on Saturday, not tomorrow). Ah the relief of paying some place to do it all for you. A set small number of children walk into a building and are herded by an employee and told what to do and there you go. So she is going with 5 other girl friends to put together some bears and do their thing there. No mess no fuss in our home and I don't have to bother setting up or taking down. Yeah it's worth it.

3 comments:

Trailboss said...

My Abby had one made for her and she got to pick out what she wanted down to the clothes and stuff. We don't have one of those here but hers was made in Lexington where her Aunt Amy paid for it. I think that bear ended up costing Amy about $70! And as far as I know Abby never plays with it! You know how kids are....they have their favorite stuffed animals. Hers is Patches. Heaven forbid if she doesn't have it to sleep with! lol

MichelleSG said...

Haha! No the kids all have a set limit for the party. If they want to go over it their parents can pay whatever their little hearts desire. I think the dollar amount is something practical like $30. NO, one of the little girl's mommy's told me that her daughter gave her last Build A Bear to their great dane....

Anonymous said...

Oh have fun with that! I have never done build-a-bear! I would die if I had 68 kids over at my house. Hopefully this year will be better for you! And thanks for the dog advice--I will talk to my husband about the acupuncture. Does a dog sit still for that?