Thursday, July 10, 2008

Did I mention

That I have 2 doctor’s appointment’s today? Yeah well one good one not so fun. The first was with the neurologist (finally! A woman I like, her staff, not so much. She thought I had several headaches over the weeks, she did not know it was one headache over 3 weeks. Something her staff failed to mention I suppose.) So we met and this was supposed to be where I am prepping to get weened off of the anti seizure meds (Keppra). Well since we now have this migraine thing to deal with it’s going to work a bit differently. OK fine dandy. We do have an explanation (maybe) of a few things. 1) There’s a type of migraine that you get after head trauma which is due to all the dissipated blood settling out in the brain which can happen up to 1 year out. And 2) Keppra has a side effect, weight gain. Great, I have an excuse now! The upside? The new med, Topomax, is used to control migraines and seizures. Oh and its side effect? Weight loss. Well then maybe it’ll all balance out. Doubtful but one can always hope. I think my weight gain was just normal since I lost so much after surgery. We’ll find out soon enough. So we’ll get me on Topomax, take my blood levels, then start weening me off the Keppra. One step at a time and someday I’ll be nice and normal. Or at least as close to it as I was before.

Then there’s appointment number two, oh that’s going to be a fun one. A real fun one. It’s with the ob/gyn. If you’re a guy just stop reading now, this will all be tmi. I have a Mirena IUD, they last for 5 years. My 5 yrs was up in May so it has to be replaced. They have these strings that hang down and are pulled to get the thing out. Well for reasons I won’t scare people with my strings were cut off. So to get this sucker out I have to be dilated and they have to go up after it. And then stick a new one up there. Doesn’t that sound like fun? Oh yeah, I am so looking forward to this appointment you don’t even know. I’ll post later on tonight or tomorrow to let know all know how well it goes or if we just opt for no sex ever again. You never know, it may just be that bad.

No comments: