Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Dingbats

You know I'm one of those people who loves to read other blogs. Not just scrapbooking/stamping/card blogs but people's lives blogs. Really I think those are the ones I love most. Waaay back in the day before blogging became popular and ordinary I read Laurel K. Hamilton's blog (and her books) regularly. After reading, I dunno, maybe 3 of her books I (and others too) came to realize that a writer who thought huge blousy white shirts on men and black tennis shoes on women were the cool hip happenin' fashion trends was obviously so stuck in the early 80's there was just no coming back from that. So after reading this woman's blog for awhile it bacame apparent to me that this woman was/is, a ninny. Really it is probably slightly apparent in her books but in her blog? Oh yes, she's an idiot. Did I just say idiot? My bad. I have a problem with brutal honesty though.
But here's the thing. I love reading blogs. I love getting an insight to people's every day lives. It's like those restaurants where you can watch the cooks cook, I can watch those guys all day long. But if you have some serious charcter flaws it's like I don't want to see your weirdness. I'm ok fine dandy with your ugly (see that Voilent Acres link I have in my list of links to the right, it's the one listed as so not PC) but I don't want to see your funky. That's totally different. Are you catching on here? No black tennis shoes on women and none of that "I can't believe it's not butter" fashion faux pas please!
Is that too critical? Yeah? Tough shit.

No comments: